SILICONE ELASTOMERS TECHNOLOGY & FABRICATION COURSE
- 1. Material selection (LSR and HCR) and an introduction to the proper silicone rubber for the application.
- 2. Tool design considerations including virtual simulation techniques in LSR design.
- 3. Pump, press, calendar, and extruder design for peak performance.
- 4. The injection molding process including machine setup and operation of pumps and automation.
- 5. Secondary processes such as postcure and de-flashing with special subjects such as optical silicone molding, and overmolding in bonding to plastics and metals.
What this Course Offers
- This inclusive course answers ALL your questions about Silicone Fabrication.
- Course participants will learn what silicone is and why it is so important to so many industries.
- Why is the product design and material selection so important?
- How do you design for Manufacturing with silicone?
- What equipment do you need??
- Most importantly - how do you process the material to have a successful project?